Cesc Fabregas has denied suggestions that he is looking for a move away from Chelsea.
He has categorically deny these rumours and says that he is only focused on the blues. Since coming to Chelsea in the summer of 2014, the midfielder has been an immense part of the squad. He was a major factor behind of the club winning the league title in the 2014-15 season. Even though he has not been a regular starter this season, largely due to the lack of Champions League football, Fabregas has played a crucial role in Chelsea remaining top of the table for much of the campaign.
The blues midfielder, though, has been linked with the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool in the last couple of weeks. Both clubs are ready to make an offer of around £25 million for the 30-year-old. Chelsea would not be in the mood to lose him, as it is extremely difficult to replace a player like Fabregas. Continue reading
Spanish giants Barcelona are closing in on the signing of Chelsea’s David Luiz, according to the Metro.
The La Liga champions have been linked with a move for the Brazil international for some time, and are now hopeful of completing a deal at the end of the season as they look for a replacement for outgoing centre-back Carlos Puyol.
The Spain international admitted that he is set to leave the Nou Camp in the summer during an emotional press conference yesterday, having spent his whole career with the club.
Luiz has made just thirteen league appearances since Jose Mourinho returned to the club, and the Blues boss is likely to sell if Barca meet his £25m valuation.
The former Benfica man is set to win his 34th international cap against South Africa in Johannesburg this evening, alongside Chelsea teammates Oscar, Ramires and Willian.
Elsewhere, Petr Cech has been named Czech Republic’s player of the year for 2013, the Daily Star understands.
The Blues’ number one, who has now won the award for the past six years, beat Arsenal’s Tomas Rosicky and Frieburg’s Vladmir Darida into second and third place respectively, with all three in line to face Norway this evening.
Chelsea beat Premier League title favourites 1-0 at the Etihad Stadium yesterday evening to move level on points with Manuel Pellegrini’s men, and two behind leaders Arsenal.
Branislav Ivanovic’s 32nd minute strike was enough to separate the sides, and consign City to their first home defeat of the season.
The Blues, who are contenders for the title according to manager Jose Mourinho, will now turn their attention to next weekend’s visit of Newcastle United, which is followed by a trip to West Bromwich Albion before they return to the Etihad Stadium a week on Saturday in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
Elsewhere Thibaut Courtois’ father has insisted that Petr Cech’s Chelsea future must be decided before Courtois junior decides where he will be playing his football next season, ESPN understands.
The Belgium international is currently in his third campaign with Atletico Madrid, who climbed to the top of La Liga for the first time since 1996 after they beat Real Sociedad 4-0, and champions Barcelona were defeated by Valencia.
Courtois, who has kept clean sheets in half of Atleti’s league games so far this season, has already won the Copa Del Rey, Europa League and Super Cup in his time in the Spanish capital.
Chelsea defender Gary Cahill is eager to taste title winning success with Chelsea this season, the Express understands.
The England international, who has won the FA Cup, Champions League and Europa League since joining from Bolton Wanderers two years ago, has said that he ‘is striving’ to finish the seasons as Champions, as are his teammates.
Many of the current Blues squad have won the Premier League including John Terry, Petr Cech and Frank Lampard, who were involved in all three of the club’s title winning campaigns this century.
Meanwhile, Chelsea are bracing themselves for a possible bid from Manchester United for out-of-favour midfielder Juan Mata, according to the Telegraph.
The Spain international has been regularly linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge since the start of the season, with the current Premier League champions often mentioned as potential suitors.
It has been reported that United would have to offer around £37m for any deal to be possible, and such a fee would see them break their transfer record, usurping the £30.75m they paid Tottenham Hotspur for Dimitar Berbatov in September 2008.
Mata has started just half of Chelsea’s matches in the Premier League so far this season, completing the full ninety minutes just twice.
Chelsea briefly moved to the top of the table after beating Hull City 2-0 at the KC Stadium in Saturday’s early kick off in the Premier League.
Second half goals from top scorer Eden Hazard and Fernando Torres secured victory for Jose Mourinho’s men, who have now slipped to second place following Manchester City’s 2-0 win over Newcastle United yesterday afternoon.
Petr Cech’s clean sheet was his 209th for the club, breaking the previous record set by club legend Peter Bonetti, while the Czech Republic international has now kept out the opposition in 150 Premier League matches, moving him to within nineteen of former England international David James.
Arsenal have the chance to reclaim top spot if they win at Aston Villa this evening, while the Blues will now turn their attention to their home match against champions Manchester United on Sunday afternoon.
Meanwhile, Manchester United have again been linked with a move for Juan Mata, according to the Daily Star.
Chelsea are reluctant to sell the Spain international to one of their Premier League rivals, but could be tempted to use him as a makeweight in a deal for Wayne Rooney, who himself remains a target of Jose Mourinho.
Fernando Torres is keen to continue his goal-scoring run after his midweek brace in Europe, the Mirror understands.
The Spain international got his third and fourth goals of the season in the 3-0 win in Schalke on Tuesday evening, but is yet to score in the Premier League despite featuring in all but two of the Blues’ top-flight games so far.
In fact, his only league goal this calendar year came in the 2-1 victory over Everton on the final day of last season.
Meanwhile, Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed in his autobiography that he consdiered signing Petr Cech on two occasions during his time in charge of Manchester United, the Daily Star understands.
However the Scot talked himself out of securing a deal for the goalkeeper, who has been at Stamford Bridge since 2004, both times.
Elsewhere, the Express has reported that the club will battle with Manchester City for the signature of Paris Saint Germain midfielder Blaise Matuidi.
Both clubs are said to be preparing pre-contract offers for the 26 year old, who’s current deal expires in the summer.
Finally, the Blues have also joined Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund in the race to sign Wolfsburg’s promising German winger Julian Brandt.
Chelsea will be without Ashley Cole and Fernando Torres for tomorrow afternoon’s visit of Cardiff City.
Cole hasn’t been able to shake of the rib injury that kept him out of England’s two recent World Cup qualifiers , while Torres remains absent from training after straining knee ligaments.
Germany forward Andre Schurrle may be handed a start after impressing for Germany in their wins against the Republic of Ireland and Sweden.
Goalkeeper Petr Cech will make his 300th Premier League appearance for the club, a feat previously achieved by John Terry and Frank Lampard.
The Blues will return to the top of the division if they better the results of Liverpool and Arsenal, while defeat could see them slip as far down as seventh place depending on other results.
This is the first league meeting between the sides in almost twenty years, though the Blues ran out 4-1 winners when they faced each other in a FA Cup match back in 2010.
Cardiff currently sit in fourteenth place having lost two of their last three games.
Their preparation for the game has been overshadowed by the departure of the clubs Head of Recruitment Ian Moody earlier in the week.
Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech believes that the club are beginning to show signs of the ruthless streak that not too long ago saw them dominate the English game, the Daily Star understands.
The Blues got their European campaign back on track with a 4-0 victory over Steaua Bucharest on Tuesday afternoon after their shock home defeat to Basel two weeks ago, and the 31 year old is sure that they are now ‘back in business’.
Elsewhere, former Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that he was approached by owner Roman Abramovich, when the latter first arrived in England in 2003.
However, the Scot insisted that he never would have any intention to leave Old Trafford leading the Russian to appoint Jose Mourinho in 2004.
Meanwhile, Fernando Torres has been ruled out for up to three weeks with the knee injury he sustained in Tuesday’s win in Romania.
The Spain international was replaced by Samuel Eto’o after just eleven minutes at the National Arena , will hope to return to action for the match at Schalke on October 22nd.
Torres was already set to miss Sunday’s visit to Norwich City after being dismissed in Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Tottenham Hotspur.
Jose Morinho’s first Champions League tie since returning to Chlesea ended in disappointment as the Blues fell to a shock 2-1 defeat to Swiss champions FC Basel at Stamford Bridge.
The hosts took the lead towards the end of the first half as Oscar fired in an angled shot, before the visitors equalised through Mohammed Salah on 71 minutes.
The home fans were then stunned as Basel captain Marco Streller nodded in eight minutes before time to secure a famous win for Murat Yakin’s men.
With the Schalke beating Steaua Bucharest in the groups other match, Mourinho’s men sit in third place ahead of their trip to Romania a week on Tuesday.
Last night’s result came exactly six years since the Poruguese boss’s final game of his first spell in charge of the Blues – a 1-1 draw with Norweigian side Rosenborg.
The 50 year old has played Chelsea’s chances of emerging victorious from this seasons European campaign, describing his squad as “young eggs who need nurturing”, though the team he selected last night boasted a host of experience.
Nine of the starting XI, which included old heads Frank Lampard, Petr Cech, Ashley Cole and new signing Samuel Eto’o, have played in, and won at least one major European final at club level.
Tags: Ashley Cole, Chelsea, FC Basel, Frank Lampard, Marco Streller, Mohammed Salah, Oscar, Petr Cech, Samuel Eto'o, Schalke, Steaua Bucharest
Barcelona are considering a bid for Chelsea goalkeeper Petr Cech as they look for a replacement for the outgoing Victor Valdes, according to the Daily Star.
Spain international Valdes is set to quit the Nou Camp when his contract expires at the end of this season, leaving new manager Gerardo Martino in need of a new number one.
Pepe Reina, who is currently at Napoli on loan from Liverpool, has been strongly linked with a move back to the Catalan club, while another name in the frame is Thibaut Courtois.
The Belgium international joined Chelsea from Genk in 2011, but has not played for the Blues as moved to Atletico Madrid on loan shortly after signing, and has been in the Spanish capital ever since.
However, now Cech, who has racked up well over four hundred appearances in nine years with the club, has been lined up by the Spanish champions, who have already enquired about the Czech Republic international’s availability.
It is understood that the 31 year old would be keen on taking on a new challenge, though manager Jose Mourinho will be keen to keep hold of the man who he still rates as one of the best goalkeepers in world football.