John Terry played his final game for Chelsea on May 21 of 2017 as he performed for his club in their match against Sunderland which concluded with the team of Antonio Conte claiming a 5-1 triumph.
The 36 year old English defender made a speech about his time spent in Stamford Bridge as he made over 700 appearances with more than 15 years of playing time at the English Premier League club but his time has finally reached it’s end.
“One of the most difficult days of my life. Thank you will never, ever be enough, but I’ll tell you what: I’ll be back here one day. I’m going to be supporting the players and the club from the bottom of my heart. You’ve given me everything from the age of 17 when I first started out. You picked me up when I was down, sung my name when I’ve had bad days and disappointed you as well.” Continue reading
BranislavIvanovic has stated that he accepts his current situation after being dropped to the bench by Antonio Conte.
He said that he has no hard feelings towards the manager and that he wants to do his best for the team. He believes that the manager has made the best decision by choosing the most in-form players and that he will accept the situation at the moment.
Indeed BranislavIvanovic has been a major player for Chelsea under Jose Mourinho and seems to have now lost his first place in the team. The defender said that he understands the situation and that he will be training hard in order to win his place back in the team.
The player has been criticized for the past months, and it seems that Antonio Conte has finally decided to replace him in the team. Indeed the player has been the culprit of many mistakes that have gifted opposition goals against Chelsea. Many pundits believe that BranislavIvanovic may have a hard time in getting his place back in the team and that at the moment Antonio Conte has different alternatives in this position.
£32 million was the transfer fee that Chelsea had to pay in order to sign N’GoloKante from Leicester City, the French player completed his move to Stamford Bridge on July 16 of 2016 and so far it seems like he has impressed the head coach Antonio Conte.
N’GoloKanté has performed in all 3 of the opening league matches of Chelsea and Antonio Conte has stated himself that he has been impressed by what he has seen in relation to the 25 year old French midfielder.
On August 15, Chelsea played against West Ham in their opening match of the season 2016-17 and Antonio Conte said: “N’Golo is a great player, a great buy. He’s important for the team; he has good technique and fantastic stamina. He’s able to cover a lot of space and help his team-mates always. We are happy with his performance but I was happy with the performance of all my players.”
This was the statement released by Antonio Conte as the Italian manager said that he was impressed by the performance that N’GoloKanté displayed during that match. Chelsea went on to win that game with a final scoreboard of 2-1 and they have continued their string of positive results with successive triumphs over Watford and Burnley. Continue reading
Chelsea are ready to make a £40m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, according to the Mail Online.
The Blues have been regularly linked with a move for the Spain international, who has scored twenty-four goals in La Liga so far this season, a record only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.
There has been talk over a potential swap deal involving Thibaut Courtois, though it is unlikely that Mourinho will sanction such a transfer with the young Belgium international, who is in his third season on loan with Atleti, seen as a long term replacement for Petr Cech.
Fernando Torres has also been linked with a return to the Spanish capital, though with the La Liga leaders’ preference of buying young players with huge sell-on fees, Chelsea may be better suited to lodge a cash-only offer.
Meanwhile, Demba Ba has hinted at a move to Italy as he looks to heading towards the Chelsea exit door, the Mail Online understands.
The Senegal forward has managed just eleven goals since moving to Stamford Bridge from Newcastle United last January.
Ba has also suggested that there has also been interest from other clubs in England, where he would prefer to remain if given the right oppurtunity.
Inter Milan have denied that they are holding talks with Manchester United’s Javier Hernandez, according to the Express.
The Serie A side had been linked with a move for both Torres and Javier Hernandez of Manchester United, though their president Erick Thohir has insisted that no talks have been held with either striker.
Torres has scored nine goals in twenty-eight club appearances this season, and forty-three in one hundred and fifty-nine since arriving at Stamford Bridge from Liverpool in January 2011.
Meanwhile, the Spain international is currently facing a spell on the side-lines with a muscular problem, the Daily Star understands.
The 29 year old missed Saturday afternoon’s win over Tottenham Hotspur after suffering an injury in the warm-up, and his manager has confirmed that he will miss at least “a couple of weeks”.
Torres’ absence may give Demba Ba an opportunity to add to the two goals he netted at the weekend.
The former Newcastle United and West Ham United man, who trebled his league tally for the season against Tim Sherwood’s men, has started just two top flight games so far this term but is determined to keep working hard as the Blues continue to challenge on two fronts.
Chelsea extended their lead at the top of the Premier League to seven points by beating Tottenham Hotspur 4-0 at Stamford Bridge on Saturday afternoon.
After a goalless first half Samuel Eto’o, who was only on the field as Fernando Torres withdrew after picking up an injury in the pre-match warm up, put the hosts in front eleven minutes after the break.
Eden Hazard fired in his fifteenth goal of the season from the penalty spot shortly after to double the Blues’ advantage before a late brace from substitute Demba Ba put the result beyond doubt.
Jose Mourinho’s men are now seven points clear of Liverpool and Arsenal in second and third place respectively, though both have a game in hand, while fourth place Manchester City are nine points off the top with a three game advantage on the leaders.
The Blues’ boss has insisted that Manuel Pellegrini’s men are still favourites to reclaim the Premier League from their neighbours, saying that he would ‘prefer to be in City’s position’.
The club will now turn their attention to next weekend’s visit of Aston Villa, before facing Galatasaray at Stamford Bridge in the second leg of their Champions League last sixteen tie.
Chelsea’s Champions League last sixteen tie with Galatasaray is finely poised as the two sides played out a 1-1 draw at the Turk Telekom Arena yesterday evening.
Fernando Torres gave the Blues the lead after just nine minutes with an early tap-in only for Aurelien Chedjou to draw the hosts’ level from close range after being left unmarked almost twenty minutes into the second half.
Jose Mourinho’s men remain favourites to qualify for the last eight having, unlike their three Premier League counterparts in the competition, avoided defeat, with the second leg scheduled to take place at Stamford Bridge two weeks on Tuesday.
The club will first turn their attention to Saturday afternoon’s short trip to Fulham, where they will hope to strengthen their grip on first place in the Premier League.
Meanwhile, Chelsea strikers Demba Ba and Samuel Eto’o have insisted that they are not worried about recent comments made by Jose Mourinho which suggested that he is not happy with his current front line, according to Sky Sports.
The Blues boss has also branded the reporter who leaked what was said ‘a disgrace’, when asked about it at a press conference following last night’s game.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho is confident he can wrap up deals for both Edinson Cavani and Luke Shaw before this summer’s World Cup finals in Brazil, according to the Mirror.
A striker and a left back are high on the Blues’ boss’s list of targets with his current selection of strikers struggling for consistency, and with Ashley Cole’s time with the club seemingly drawing to a close.
Cavani appears to be the club’s first choice striker, with Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney set to sign a new contract at Old Trafford while Shaw is expected to be pursued by a number a clubs come the end of the season, with Chelsea and United currently the front runners in the race to secure his services.
The Blues are expected to part-fund the deals by selling fringe players such as Demba Ba and Romelu Lukaku, the latter of which is yet to play for the club having spent the last eighteen months out on loan first with West Bromwich Albion and then Everton.
There is also a doubt over three of the clubs senior players, with John Terry and Frank Lampard, along with Cole, not certain of new deals at the West London outfit.
Demba Ba is set to be recalled to Chelsea’s starting line-up for Sunday afternoon’s FA Cup fourth round tie against Stoke City.
The Senegal international has started just three games so far this season, but is expected to be given the nod after Fernando Torres was ruled out for some weeks with knee ligament damage.
Long-term absentee Marco Van Ginkel is the only other player unavailable to Jose Mourinho, though he is likely to rotate his squad, with three Premier League games coming up in the next fortnight.
Meanwhile, Juan Mata is set to undergo a medical on Friday afternoon ahead of his proposed move to Manchester United.
Reports say that a central Manchester hospital is waiting to carry out a physical examination on the 25 year old, who has told his teammates that a move is imminent.
The move looks to have been given the all clear by the Blues after a deal was agreed for them to bring in Egyptian winger Mohammed Salah from Basel.
United are set to pay a club record fee of £37m for the Spain international, eclipsing their previous record of £30.75, which they paid to Tottenham Hotspur for Dimitar Berbatov five-and-a-half years ago.
Chelsea are planning to make a £30m bid for Wayne Rooney if he fails to sign a new deal with Manchester United, according to the Mail Online.
The Blues made two bids for the England international during the summer, but were rebuffed on both occasions.
However, despite being a rare star performer in David Moyes’ stuttering side, the 28 year old is stalling over a new contract, something which has alerted Jose Mourinho.
Meanwhile, Liverpool are set to fail in their pursuit of Ryan Bertrand due to the lack of game-time Victor Moses has had since moving to Anfiled on loan in the summer, the Mirror understands.
The full-back is likely to secure a temporary move away from Stamford Bridge this month, with Fulham also reportedly interested in securing his services.
The England international, who is currently struggling with a knee injury, has made just one Premier League appearance under Jose Mourinho.
Elsewhere, Crystal Palace are the latest side to be linked with a loan move for out-of-favour striker Demba Ba, according to the Mirror.
Eagles boss Tony Pulis is keen on adding more firepower to his squad, as he looks to guide the side to Premier League survival.