New Chelsea striker Alvaro Morata is set to miss at least six weeks in the current Premier League season after suffering an injury in the match against Manchester City. It has been revealed that the striker has sustained a hamstring injury and had to be substituted in the first half of the match. Chelsea was beaten at home by Manchester City.
The player was supposed to be part of the Spanish team that was going to face Albania and Israel at the end of the week. These matches will be part of the World Cup qualifiers, and it now appears that Alvaro Morata will be missing both these games. Continue reading
Chelsea boss Antonio Conte is determined to start the new season on a high in order to avoid a repeat of the 2015/16 campaign where the Blues slumped to a lowly 10th in the league standings.
The Blues had been crowned champions during the 2014/15 season, and none would have predicted what would happen next as the Blues lingered near the drop zone when Jose Mourinho was axed in December 2015.
Conte took the Blues to the Premier League title during his maiden season in English management last term, but he is expecting a tougher challenge next year with the Champions League adding the extra pressure of games. The former Juventus boss cited that he would like to avoid a similar season to that of Mourinho’s in 2015/16 whilst he will also try to keep his managerial position unlike Mourinho and Claudio Ranieri, who were sacked within months of their respective league triumphs for Chelsea and Leicester City respectively.
“We know the difficulty of the next season and for sure we want to avoid the Mourinho season with Chelsea. Continue reading
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has insisted that Alvaro Morata was his prime striker target for the summer despite missing out on Romelu Lukaku to Manchester United. The Red Devils signed Lukaku for an initial £75m earlier this month and Conte was said to be fuming after missing out on the Belgium international.
However, during a press-conference in Beijing, Conte has highlighted that Morata was their first choice for the transfer window and hopes to utilise his services for the upcoming campaign and beyond, he said: “Morata for sure is our first choice. He is a good player, the right prospect for Chelsea and hopes to show his value with us.” Continue reading
Monaco midfielder Tiemoue Bakayoko has reportedly undergone a successful medical with Chelsea ahead of his proposed move later in the week.
The France international was one of the many standout performers for Monaco last season as they ended Paris Saint-Germain’s stranglehold on the title. Bakayoko was initially associated with a move to Old Trafford, but Antonio Conte managed to convince him to join the Blues with the assurance of regular first-team football.
According to The Express, the player has already had a series of medical tests with the west London giants, and the move will become official as early as Saturday – when the transfer window reopens. Monaco were initially said to have been playing hardball in negotiations over Bakayoko, but they have eventually agreed on a £35m sum in order to sell the former Rennes man. Continue reading
John Terry played his final game for Chelsea on May 21 of 2017 as he performed for his club in their match against Sunderland which concluded with the team of Antonio Conte claiming a 5-1 triumph.
The 36 year old English defender made a speech about his time spent in Stamford Bridge as he made over 700 appearances with more than 15 years of playing time at the English Premier League club but his time has finally reached it’s end.
“One of the most difficult days of my life. Thank you will never, ever be enough, but I’ll tell you what: I’ll be back here one day. I’m going to be supporting the players and the club from the bottom of my heart. You’ve given me everything from the age of 17 when I first started out. You picked me up when I was down, sung my name when I’ve had bad days and disappointed you as well.” Continue reading
Chelsea are reportedly stalling on their potential approach for James Rodriguez after knowing of Real Madrid’s £70m asking price for the Colombia international.
The South American attacker has been constantly linked with a Premier League move after he was found applying for a UK working visa earlier in the January transfer window. Rodriguez eventually opted to stay put at the Bernabeu under the advice of agent Jorge Mendes with a view to resolving his future in the summer.
Rodriguez was partially used by Zidane Zinedine during the course of the previous campaign with most of his goals coming off the substitutes’ bench. The most surprise decision of them all was his surprise exclusion from the Champions League final squad despite training with the squad prior to the showpiece event against Juventus. Los Blancos eventually won the premier competition to become the first side ever to retain the title in the modern era. Continue reading
Last season’s abysmal display by The Blues that saw them finish tenth helped fuel rumours of their top striker, Diego Costa wanting out. Luckily for Chelsea, Conte’s appointment bought enough time to convince the 28-year old that he could have his entire dream come through right there at the Stamford Bridge.
The first half of the season saw Chelsea run rampant, winning 11 games on the bounce and opening a huge gap between them and the rest of the league. Costa was at the heart of such run of form, discovering the scoring instincts that went blunt last season. The Spaniard scored 20 goals in the Premier League by January and even if that might look meagre by his standards, he very much made up for what he lack in goals by being at his nuisance best, tirelessly provoking opposition defenders in a bid to get them walked up and bag a red card. Continue reading
Antonio Conte says that he is disappointed to see the referee Mark Clattenburg leave the Premier league.
One of the best referees in England, Clattenburg has been given the opportunity to take charge of some of the biggest games like the English FA Cup final. He was regarded as the next big thing in English football refereeing aside from Howard Webb, who retired from refereeing a few years ago. Clattenburg was recently rumoured to be considering offers from China and Saudi Arabia. These were far more lucrative than the £ 100,000 per year contract he currently receives as the Premier League referee.
In addition to this contract, Clattenburg is understood to be receiving around £5,000 per match. Now, the referee will be receiving a whopping £ 500,000 per year. More importantly, this will be money that does not attract any taxes since Saudi Arabia is a tax haven. It is also understood that China offered him around £ 1 million per year in order to be the head of refereeing. Continue reading
With the 2016-17 Premier League title Chelsea’s to lose now, questions are already being raised as to how much further Antonio Conte will go with his brilliant rebuilding project. Rumours suggest that Roman Abramovich will be providing the impressive Italian with a war chest of £100 million to spend in the summer. The former Juventus manager will look to bring in world-class players who can take this awesome Blues side back to the summit of the European elite.
Chelsea topped off a fine start to the New Year with a victory over Hull City followed by a draw with Liverpool in the league. Continue reading
Antonio Conte has taken a parting shot at midfielder Oscar, who has secured a move to Chinese football, by saying that the midfielder has lost a fantastic opportunity to play in the Premier League.
Regarded as the best league in the world, the Premier League is one of the home pitch for some of the greatest players in the world like Paul Pogba and Eden Hazard. However, Oscar has chosen to follow the riches on offer, as he has moved to an unknown league where he will be earning £ 20 million per year. Oscar has become the best paid player in the world following this move.
Chelsea will be receiving £ 60 million, which can be invested on new players like James Rodriguez even in the January transfer window, for the player who was signed for just £ 25 million for years ago. Even though they have made an extremely healthy profit on the player, it seems that manager Antonio Conte is sad to lose a player just entering into the prime of his career. Continue reading