Tag Archives: Atletico Madrid

Kanté has impressed Antonio Conte

£32 million was the transfer fee that Chelsea had to pay in order to sign N’GoloKante from Leicester City, the French player completed his move to Stamford Bridge on July 16 of 2016 and so far it seems like he has impressed the head coach Antonio Conte.


N’GoloKanté has performed in all 3 of the opening league matches of Chelsea and Antonio Conte has stated himself that he has been impressed by what he has seen in relation to the 25 year old French midfielder.

On August 15, Chelsea played against West Ham in their opening match of the season 2016-17 and Antonio Conte said: “N’Golo is a great player, a great buy. He’s important for the team; he has good technique and fantastic stamina. He’s able to cover a lot of space and help his team-mates always. We are happy with his performance but I was happy with the performance of all my players.”

This was the statement released by Antonio Conte as the Italian manager said that he was impressed by the performance that N’GoloKanté displayed during that match. Chelsea went on to win that game with a final scoreboard of 2-1 and they have continued their string of positive results with successive triumphs over Watford and Burnley. Continue reading

Conte wants Costa to stay

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has stated that Diego Costa should stay with the London club.


There were reports that the striker might be looking for a move to Atletico Madrid, but Conte has denied the existence of such rumors. He said that Diego Costa is happy to play with Chelsea and that he will be staying with the club next season.

Antonio Conte said that Diego Costa is an important player for the team and that there is no reason that he should be leaving in the summer. He admitted that he has always been a fan of the player and that he wants the player to stay at the club. Conte said that Diego Costa is an outstanding player and that he is one of the best forward players in the world at the moment.

For Antonio Conte, Chelsea needs to have the best players in the world and that they will not allow Diego Costa to leave. He said that Costa is happy at the club and that they are building a team around him. He stated that he is not aware of any rumors that Diego Costa wants to leave the club. At the moment he is a Chelsea player and said that he would be staying for the long term.
Continue reading

Chelsea step up Costa interest

Chelsea are ready to make a £40m bid for Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa, according to the Mail Online.

The Blues have been regularly linked with a move for the Spain international, who has scored twenty-four goals in La Liga so far this season, a record only bettered by Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo.

There has been talk over a potential swap deal involving Thibaut Courtois, though it is unlikely that Mourinho will sanction such a transfer with the young Belgium international, who is in his third season on loan with Atleti, seen as a long term replacement for Petr Cech.

Fernando Torres has also been linked with a return to the Spanish capital, though with the La Liga leaders’ preference of buying young players with huge sell-on fees, Chelsea may be better suited to lodge a cash-only offer.

Meanwhile, Demba Ba has hinted at a move to Italy as he looks to heading towards the Chelsea exit door, the Mail Online understands.

The Senegal forward has managed just eleven goals since moving to Stamford Bridge from Newcastle United last January.

Ba has also suggested that there has also been interest from other clubs in England, where he would prefer to remain if given the right oppurtunity.

Chelsea through to Champions League last eight

Chelsea eased into the Champions League quarter finals after beating Galatasaray 2-0 in the second leg of their last sixteen tie at Stamford Bridge yesterday evening.

With the sides having drawn 1-1 in Istanbul three weeks ago, it was the Premier League leaders who made the breakthrough through Samuel Eto’o after just four minutes.

Gary Cahill doubled the hosts’ advantage three minutes before the break, thumping in after John Terry’s initial effort was saved by Fernando Musilera.

Didier Drogba, who was given a rousing reception by the home supporters on his first return to Stamford Bridge since leaving the club at the end of the 2011/12 campaign, had a chance to pull one back for Roberto Mancini’s side late on which he failed to convert.

The Blues will discover who they will face in the last eight of the competition on Friday, twenty-four hours before they return to domestic action with their top of the table clash with Arsenal.

Manager Jose Mourinho has told Sky Sports that “it doesn’t matter who” the club are drawn against in the quarter finals.

Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Paris Saint Germain and holders Bayern Munich are already in the hat for the draw along with the Blues, and they will be joined by either Manchester United or Olympiakos and Zenit St Petersburg or Borussia Dortmund, with the final round of last sixteen ties taking place this evening.

Villa keen on permanent Bertrand deal

Aston Villa are keen to secure a permanent deal for Ryan Bertrand when his loan spell is complete, the Mirror understands.

The England full back swapped London for Midlands back in January, joining up with Paul Lambert’s side for the rest of the season.

He has made seven Premier League appearances since arriving at Villa Park, having made just ten in the whole of 2013 for Chelsea, just one of which coming since Jose Mourinho returned to the club.

The 24 year old has two years left on his contract with the Blues, but is understood to be open to the idea of moving on.

He is unable to feature in the game against his parent club this weekend, but is confident that he can help the side achieve a top half finish for the first time in three years, according to Sky Sports.

Meanwhile, the Daily Star understand that the club are yet to open talks with goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois regarding his future, according his father.

The Belgium international is currently enjoying a third successive season with La Liga title challengers Atletico Madrid, and is reportedly wanted by both Atleti and their city rivals Real on a permanent basis.

Chelsea beat City to move within two points of leaders Arsenal

Chelsea beat Premier League title favourites 1-0 at the Etihad Stadium yesterday evening to move level on points with Manuel Pellegrini’s men, and two behind leaders Arsenal.

Branislav Ivanovic’s 32nd minute strike was enough to separate the sides, and consign City to their first home defeat of the season.

The Blues, who are contenders for the title according to manager Jose Mourinho, will now turn their attention to next weekend’s visit of Newcastle United, which is followed by a trip to West Bromwich Albion before they return to the Etihad Stadium a week on Saturday in the fifth round of the FA Cup.

Elsewhere Thibaut Courtois’ father has insisted that Petr Cech’s Chelsea future must be decided before Courtois junior decides where he will be playing his football next season, ESPN understands.

The Belgium international is currently in his third campaign with Atletico Madrid, who climbed to the top of La Liga for the first time since 1996 after they beat Real Sociedad 4-0, and champions Barcelona were defeated by Valencia.

Courtois, who has kept clean sheets in half of Atleti’s league games so far this season, has already won the Copa Del Rey, Europa League and Super Cup in his time in the Spanish capital.

Chelsea keen to beat United to Shaw

Chelsea will use the money they received from Manchester United for Juan Mata to try and beat them to the signature of Southampton defender Luke Shaw, according to the Mail Online.

With Ashley Cole now 33 and yet to be offered a new contract, the Blues are keen on bringing in the highly rated left-back  while United are looking to continue rebuilding after breaking their transfer record at the weekend by bringing in Mata.

The club are still in a £20m profit this month despite bringing in Nemanja Matic and Mohamed Salah, and are confident they have the financial muscle to get a deal for Shaw over the line.

However, the Daily Star understands that the South Coast club have absolutely no intention of selling the 18 year old.

Manager Mauricio Pochettino has reiterated that the Saints are keen to keep hold of all of their star players this month.

Elsewhere, reports in Spain suggest that an agreement has been made between Chelsea and Atletico Madrid for a swap deal for Thibaut Courtois and Diego Costa, the Mail Online understands.

Courtois has spent the last three seasons on loan with the La Liga side, while Costa, who is currently the second top scorer in La Liga behind Cristiano Ronaldo, is wanted by a host of European clubs.

United won’t include Rooney in Mata deal

Manchester United are closing in on a deal for out-of-favour Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata, but are not willing to include Wayne Rooney in any deal, according to the Independent.

Both players have been linked with the switch for some time, with Mata who seemingly closer to the exit door.

It is understood that the two-time Blues Player of the Season will be allowed to leave, should be ask manager Jose Mourinho personally, while Rooney remains very much part of David Moyes plans as United try to reduce a deficit of fourteen points between themselves and league leaders Arsenal.

Meanwhile, ESPN understands that Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Diego Simeone is keen on securing a permanent deal for goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois, who is currently enjoying a third season with the La Liga club on loan from Chelsea.

The Belgium international has enjoyed success during his time in Spain, winning the Copa del Rey, Europa League and the UEFA Super Cup, where he faced Chelsea in the final in Monaco in August 2012.

Elsewhere, Schalke general manager Horst Heldt has dismissed reports suggesting that Julian Draxler is set for a move to the Premier League as wild speculation, the Daily Star understands.

The Germany midfielder, who has been linked with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manchester United, is currently one of the hottest properties in European football following his superb form for both club and country.

Xabi Alonso snubs Premier League return by signing new contract in Madrid

Xabi Alonso has ended speculation that he could be set to reunite with Jose Mourinho by penning a new deal at Real Madrid, according to the Independent.

The 32 year old was due to be out of contract at the end of the season, but has now extended his contract with the La Liga giants to 2016.

The Spain international, who announced the news on Twitter by posting a picture of him and Real president Florentino Perez holding a shirt with ‘Alonso 2016’ on the back, is currently in his fifth season in the Spanish capital, having previously spent five years in the Premier League with Liverpool.

Staying in Madrid, Thibaut Courtois is keen to resolve his future quickly, ESPN understands.

The Belgium goalkeeper, currently in his third season on loan from Chelsea at Atletico Madrid, is keen to know where he will be playing his football next season.

The 21 year old former Genk man has excelled in his time in Spain, winning the Europa League, the UEFA Super Cup and the Copa del Rey, while this season they are currently joint on points with La Liga leaders Barcelona and qualified from their Champions League group in first place.

Dortmund join Blues in Costa chase

The Express understands that Borussia Dortmund have joined both Chelsea and Arsenal in the race to sign Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa.

The two Premier League clubs are reportedly on the lookout for a new forward with the Gunners lacking in numbers in that area, and the Blues current selection  of attackers somewhat misfiring.

However, Dortmund are said to have thrown their hat into the ring as they look for a replacement for Robert Lewandowski, who is set to leave last season’s Bundesliga and Champions League runners up at the end of the season, if not sooner.

Costa is currently the top scorer in La Liga with nineteen in seventeen appearances, ahead of Real Madrid’s Cristiano Ronaldo by one goal.

Meanwhile, Inter Milan are keen on securing the services of Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata when the transfer window reopens, according to the Mirror.

The two time Blues player of the year has scored just one goal in all competitions this season, though he has largely played second fiddle to the likes of Eden Hazard and Oscar under Jose Mourinho.

The 25 year old is unlikely to be allowed to move to another club in England, so a move abroad would be necessary as he seeks regular first team football ahead the World Cup finals.